2.14.2009

THE AFTER PARTY OF THE AFTERLIFE!... isn't as great as it sounds..

Well, I am not sure how I feel yet.
My great grandma was Catholic, so naturally we had a catholic funeral for her. And wow did she know a lot of people!! I mean, holy cow! She had a lot of friends. Granted some she probably hasn't seen in five years, but still. And there was a lot of food at the reception. Which was held at my great grandads.
It was a sad affair. The funeral service thing took a long time. And myself, being a Latter Day Saint, I was completely lost. It was a nice service. And what the, er, person? had to say about Great Grandma Terri was nice. She was a wonderful person, although i disagree with him on the whole thing about her being 'quiet and peaceful'. It took all I had to not laugh. I'm serious. Great Grandma Terri was quite the opposite. She always voiced her opinion and she could talk FOREVER! Hahaha, that's why I love her so much. She always had interesting stories. You could always kill a few hours while with her and only have to nod along. I'm going to miss her. I said my goodbyes and she knows how much I love her. She was always helpful and an amazing cook. Always had food for us she did. Always something. She is going to be greatly missed.
Back to the funeral itself. It was interesting. I have never been to a Catholic funeral before. It wasn't what I'm used to. All well, it was pleasant all the same. Hopefully, I will not be attending another one anytime soon.
Now, to explain my absence on Thursday....
It started Wednesday night with my mother feeling rather ill. I told her not to worry about it. We could leave at nine in the morning and I can make it for the rest of school. Well, apparently my sister choice to get an ear infection that night as well. Yeah, I was not happy when I found out I would not be going home. No, I do not feel bad for my sister. Why? Because she had it coming. She doesn't listen. She shouldn't have been playing outside when its rainy and windy. She shouldn't listen to her Mp3 player thingy at full volume. She just had it coming. That's my opinion. No one wants to listen to me, that's what happens! I mean for crying out loud! Is it really that hard to sit inside and watch a movie for a little bit? Anyways, while everyone was fussing over her, I was stressing about the fact that I have missed yet another day of school. JOY !(<---sarcasm) I am now currently behind in all my school work. Very behind. It's going to take me a very long time to catch up. Which totally sucks. I now hate all my classes. I'm going to fail. It's official. Kiss my whole high school career goodbye-unless through some wonderful miracle that I would sooo be eternally grateful for, I can about 70% of the work I seriously need to make up during this wonderful, yet agonizing four day weekend.
Wish me luck!
(Seriously, someone please wish me luck!!)
-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment