2.17.2009

When life hands you lemons, must we always make lemonade?

existentialism
noun
(philosophy) a 20th-century philosophical movement chiefly in Europe; assumes that people are entirely free and thus responsible for what they make of themselves
_________________________________________
n. A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.
(dictionary.com)

How would you use that in a sentence? Haha, maybe I'm too tired to figure it out, but still. That's a hard word to use in an everyday conversation. Unless you are seriously into intellectual conversation.
I like the first definition. It says nothing about being responsible for my actions. If only, right? If I didn't have to pay for my actions, then I wouldn't worry about make up work for school. Sadly, I do have to worry and stress. Which is not cool. It's as if my teachers hate me. Seriously. Like the first thing I want to do after attending a funeral-a very long one I might add- and trying not to get sick (which isn't working) is doing homework I don't understand because HELLO! I wasn't there to hear the lesson. Ummm, yeah. I get it that teachers do not generally care, but just give me a break. Just one. And Ms. Grossi? I understand you are very busy and what not...but how do you write a response to a DBQ? And what DBQ response thing am I supposed to do? Honestly. I know it's an AP course, but AP students need help too.

Yeah, I understand I'm complaining, but I can't help it. This is the only form of therapy I'm going to get for a while. Hahaha. So while being stressed out, I still am finding time to attend Winter Formal. Am I looking forward to it? Sure, kinda. We'll see. I was only going because I thought my best friend Sam was going. (no this isn't Best Friend. Sam and Best Friend are two different people) Well, it turns out she is not going. She didn't think I was serious. WHOOPS!! All well, at least Jess is going. I still need to go pick up my dress. Exciting. I don't like getting dressed up, but at least I'm getting fed. Haha. Hmmm, that wasn't really funny was it? Anyways....

I need sleep. Gotta get up before the sun does. So Goodnight World!

No comments:

Post a Comment